In this 7 minute walkthrough on how I create one page websites as a social media manager, I go through step by step from choosing the name, the layout and writing a services section, an About Us through to the contact information block
Creating a quick one page website with free tools (WordPress.com) to get your social media manager business up and running.
- Create a WordPress account
- Create a website
- Choose a theme (independent publisher 2 theme)
- Edit the home page with a “are you” statement in a text block e.g. Are you a small business seeking…., are you a local business want… ”
- Edit the home page with About Us “we have a background in… I am experienced in…. ”
- Add a contact block (I chose a simple full width one)
- Preview the site logged in, and use Incognito mode to preview your new website unpublished and then published.
- Make the WordPress.com website go live (in Settings).
- Click LAUNCH and now your new site is published on WordPress.com!
This is a MVP (Minimal Viable Product) in 7 minutes – not a whole lecture. But it will get you up and running 🙂 The primary audience for this video are social media managers who either need a quick website for themselves or are building one for clients