TL:DR How to remove old and broken apps from your Facebook Business Page using a secret (now hidden) menu in Settings.
For a number of years, the apps added to a Facebook Page (not profile) were available in settings. But some time ago, the menu vanished – you may have tabs with old apps on them, eg. a Mailchimp app but no way to delete that app.
Now of course if you still have that Mailchimp account etc, you can unhook from Mailchimp but if you have lost access, or like, in my case, the app company is no longer around, the way to delete the apps is a bit tricky.
Step by Step how to delete apps from your Facebook Business Page.
- Go to your Business Page, not your personal profile!
- Click on “Settings” menu
- add ?tab=apps to the end of the URL e.g. https://facebook.com/YOURBUSINESSPAGE/settings?tab=apps
- Obviously replace YOURBUSINESSPAGE with your actual business page name.
- Once you are in that page, you will see the apps still on your Page on the right
- If you can’t see the X to delete the app, drop the resolution of your Page or scroll across.
- Now the app is disconnected, the tabs on the public page will no longer have that app as a tab option.
- You can see in the image below what a broken app with an old Tab on the page looks like
- Please let me know if you have any questions!
That’s it, you are done!