Monday Morning Tea (News) with Laurel Papworth – Rollout in AUSTRALIA of removing likes from Facebook Pages of PUBLIC FIGURES – politicians mostly. Since January (?) this has been quietly rolled out including removing those Pages from Pages you Watch, removing the ability to “like as a Business Page” removing Top Posts from Watchlist and removing them from the Page newsfeed. What do you think of that? o.O #Australia #socialmedia #News We also chat about Facebook Commerce Manager vs Shopify app on a Facebook page.
Social Media News Resources:
- Example of political (public figure) page
- Facebook’s public Announcement no mention of inability to Like a Page as Your Page, Pages Newsfeed gone, can’t be added to Pages Watchlist, or Top Posts, or analytics etc. [By Asad Awan, Head of Public Connections and Monetization.]
- Page Feed: Replace SilkCharm with Your Page (vanity url) https://www.facebook.com/SilkCharm/news_feed
- Pages to Watch: go to your page/insights and then the bottom of Overview/General.
- Adding Shopify apps (see YouTube video) and Facebook shop app (facebook’s own shop) in Commerce Manager. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr6y2R1Gpmk
- add Mailchimp to the Facebook page (I did this video tutorial ages ago but its the same principle)
You can engage with me (live) here:
- Twitter TV (Periscope): @SilkCharm
- Facebook Live: https://facebook.com/laurelpapworth (follow) or https://facebook.com/silkcharm (Like)
- LinkedIn Live: https://www.linkedin.com/in/laurelpapworth
- YouTube Livestream Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs33tjCh3PVzP6sdUEr56oroZlTEKSLQM
Social Media NEWS from Laurel’s studio in the Blue Mountains of NSW. Every 10:45am (morning tea!) Monday, Sydney time. Social Media LECTURE series every Thursday at 1pm (lunch!) Sydney time. Hi ho another week starts! 🙂