In this lecture on social media for Universities and Higher Education we look at measurement, analytics, insights and other goodies as well as some College case-studies of high number of followers but low engagement and vice versa, plus subscribers vs engagement vs reach vs impressions. Don’t forget to download the Insights/Metrics CSVs!
TOPICS: What should you measure in Social Media as a University? Here are the top ones:
- marketing intelligence (core audiences/target audiences)
- When they are online
- Storytypes (text vs video)
- Long tail (over time)
- pixel remarketing (website tags)
Analytics and Insights Resources for #HigherEd #EdTech #EduAu
- For Twitter analytics go to Analytics.twitter.com
- Facebook Insights are CURRENTLY on the left hand side of the Page. If not there in the future: try creator studio, business suite, business manager or similar.
- Compare and contrast two Uni FB pages – Insights -> General -> Pages to Add Overview at the bottom
- Linkedin Tag Manager is in Campaign manager.
- Canva have a social media planner (create the content then go to the planner and select a date)
- LinkedIn Company Page analytics
Social Media Marketing Strategy for University, College and HigherEd playlists:
COMMENTS: You can join me in the discussion on the Facebook Livestream, the YouTube Livestream, The Twitter (Periscope) Livestream and the LinkedIn Livestream and I stream on my personal Facebook if you just want to follow me there. MONDAY 10:45 AM Sydney Time is Social Media NEWS and Thursdays 1pm Sydney time is the Social Media LECTURE series.