I personally wouldn’t bother with this one. But it showed up under Web 2.0 (god knows why, except that blog makes a slim mention):
Digital Relationship Manager/Distribution Manager/Digital Strategy/OnlineSydney | S2MStepping stone to Online Editor. Phenomenal Opportunity. This role is offering 90K -100K+ for the right candidate. Large Media Organisation. APPLY NOW
Digital Relationship Manager/Distribution Manager
- Salary range – 90K -100K+ super
- Negotiating Deals, Developing Business and Commercial models
- Personable, Communicative, Team Player
Our client is undergoing a rapid growth phase and now requires an experienced relationship manager to maximise their distribution channels and thus increase traffic and branding for the website. Working closely with the Strategy Manager and Publisher, this role will be pivotal in assisting in strategy development by developing business models for distribution channels, identifying distribution partners, then negotiating and closing distributions deals.
The successful person will also be responsible for developing quantifiable metrics to measure success of the distribution strategy and be the key point to monitor any issues with distributed feeds.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Working as part of the editorial team to produce, edit, manage and update content on the company website, operating within tight deadlines and maintaining the highest editorial standards
• Monitoring various news sources (wires, mastheads, TV, radio etc)
• Initiating and producing original and supplementary content, with a focus on material that adds value and plays to the strengths of the online medium
• Initiating and producing original and supplementary content (including text, images, video, reader content, blogs etc) with a focus on material that adds value and plays to the strengths of the online medium
• Working with multi disciplinary teams and stakeholders, including design, multimedia staff, and Newspapers and sponsors to deliver a market-leading product.
• Ensure all content is put to best use and that the site is clear of broken links.
• Inform rostered support/editor of technical problems with publication and presentation of site.
• Keep a list of technical and design faults and suggestions for regular site meeting
Qualifications & Essential skills:
– Strong subbing and copy-editing skills; experience in a production role would be highly regarded
– Excellent hands-on writing skills
– Sharp news judgment
– The ability to work to tight daily news deadlines, but also on longer term projects
– An eye for accuracy and excellent attention to detail
– A good understanding of best practice in online media and content is desirable
– A solid grasp of online usability, design and layout principles is desirable
– HTML and Photoshop experience would also be highly regarded
– The ideal candidate will possess at least 3 years commercial experience, preferably in an online environment coupled with sound exposure to developing business and commercial models and negotiating and closing deals.
– A degree in Business, Journalism, Arts or related field would be highly regarded.
Apply now for an immediate interview or call for a confidential discussion.George Hatsatouris
02 8249 8131
Everything from checking for broken links to negotating and closing deals? Good luck with this one! My question: if you were maximising distribution channels and playing to the strengths of the online medium, why on earth is user generated content whacked in under a sort of supplementary-content-and -etc style catchall? Why isn’t that part of the role fleshed out as an intrinsic part of strategy? Unless of course it’s not. Ah well good luck with this one. Job ID 9335881. On Seek.com.au.