A competition by Danish band Kashmir to create a music video for them. So far they only have 2 videos uploaded – one them the example clip by Red Label. I like the other one by Leslie Brown – reminded me of Italy. I wonder if its because the most obvious link is to the conditions that includes:
– any video-clip I submit to the Site can be included in one or more music videos by the Artist to be produced by the Record Company,
– the Record Company shall be the exclusive owner of all copyright and other rights in and to any video-clip I submit to the Site and I hereby assign all such rights to the Record Company,
– the Record Company is entitled to use the video-clip(s) forever and throughout the world, and to licence others to use them, in any manner and in any and all media and distribution channels now known or hereafter discovered or developed, including to commercially release the music video(s) as products intended for retail as well as home consumers,
– I shall not receive any payment or other compensation for my assignment of rights to the Record Company,
– I will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless I am the owner of such rights,
Point one says that the Record company can use the user generated video in a mashup of their own. In contrary to the last point (5th on my list) which says you can’t create a mashup. The other points make it clear that everything you do is done for free. Ah well, it was a good idea. But those rules and regulations overwhelmed me. Probably don’t bother the emogoths over at MySpace – but then again, only two vids?
HEY THERE CREATIVE PEOPLE!
WE WOULD LIKE TO INVITE FILMAKERS, FANS AND CREATIVE TYPES TO PUT TOGETHER THE NEW VIDEO FOR THE OPENING TRACK “KALIFORNIA” FROM THE NEW ALBUM “NO BALANCE PALACE”.
WE HAVE AN EXAMPLE OF A VIDEO MADE BY THE RED LABEL AUSTRALIA TO HELP INSPIRE YOU – CHECK IT OUT!
TASK – FILM AND PUT TOGETHER AN ORIGINAL VIDEO CLIP FOR THE SONG “KALIFORNIA”. THE SONG HAS A THEME OF “TRANSPORTATION”, THIS THEME CAN BE INTERPRETED ANY WAY YOU SEE FIT – BE CREATIVE! THE WINNING VIDEO CLIP WILL BE CHOSEN BY THE BAND AND WILL BECOME THE OFFICIAL VIDEO CLIP FOR THE SONG “KALIFORNIA” – REACHING KASHMIR’S WORLDWIDE AUDIENCE.
COMPETITION DURATION – 6 WEEKS (Winner will be announced on the first week of January 2007)
THE TRACK IS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD FROM DOWNLOAD KALIFORNIA
SO HOW DO YOU GET IT TO US????????
EASY, SEND US A MESSAGE AND WE’LL GIVE YOU THE APPROPRIATE EMAIL ADDRESS TO SEND THE FILE TO US – AND WE’LL LOAD IT ON THE PAGE FOR THE WORLD TO SEE!
…AND OF COURSE YOU MAY POST IT IN YOUR OWN VIDEO AREA OF YOUR PAGE AND DIRECT PEOPLE TO IT.
SO ENJOY, GET CREATIVE AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO ALL THE SUBMISSIONS.
I’m not sure about sending it to them. Why not just allow the users to upload and tag and then run a bot to pick up the submissions? Too many steps if you ask me.