One for the chix from my friends at LaVolta:
Wonderful opportunity to work with this start-up in building their Online Content strategy.
The role reports directly to the MD and is responsible for the editorial voice and tone of the network of sites. It’s a web 2.0 publishing enterprise offering an online community for women and so much more.
LaVolta is delighted to be working with this new Online business. We always find start-ups invigorating and good to see that they are back in vogue.
The role is a senior editorial position created to drive editorial quality and standards as well as holistic content development with a focus on general features, blogging and community development as well as finance content.
The team includes some of Australia’s leading media executives – people who have been at the forefront of the online media industry for many years.
* Drive the editorial voice by sourcing and managing contributor writers and editors and ensure quality across all sites.
* Manage editorial and strategic needs.
* Work with colleagues to develop editorial and usability strategy.
* Work with management to develop and implement overall editorial and product strategy for feature-based information content across the network.
* University degree is certainly desirable.
* 5 years editorial management experience in a Broadcast, Newspaper/ Magazine or Online Publishing Business.
* Excellent organisational skills with track record for developing/producing product on deadline.
* Understands the editorial processes as they relate to an Interactive, Online environment.
* Understands next generation Web publishing.
* Familiarity with the people, resources, and lifestyles of region.
* Ability to effectively work across x-functional teams.
* Production process.
* Understands core positioning, branding and synergistic concept.
* Experience in loyalty and user retention programs.
* Time management, ability to work to tight deadlines.
That’s about it. So, a great role…
Please email your resume to Bob@LaVolta.com.au. Your specialist consultant is Sally Mills
We are very sorry but we can only respond to those who have the relevant experience.
And one for the guyz (also my friends, but this time, S2M but try Seek.com.au):
ONLINE EDITOR – MEN’S LIFESTYLE MAGAZINE
* Global publisher
* Great city location
* Fantastic career opportunity
Australia’s leading men’s lifestyle magazine is looking for a high quality individual who can drive the direction of its successful and innovative magazine web site. The magazine’s web site dominates the men’s lifestyle segment with the highest page views of any comparable site. The web site takes all that is relevant to young men each week and packages it in a Funny, Sexy, Topical, Weekly, Agenda-Setting offering.
The site has moved away from its magazine companion site roots to being the single best place for Australian men to meet online. Given this, the ONLINE EDITOR must be of the psyche of young men who demand choice, control and the freedom to be whoever they choose to be, whenever they want. The ONLINE EDITOR should get the future direction of the web and understand its implication for young men: what does user generated content and social networking mean to young men and how can this be translated in the site in a topical, funny, sexy, etc….. manner.
Working in a dedicated team of two and working with the broader magazine team the ONLINE EDITOR needs to be able to drive the editorial direction of the site working with other stakeholders in the company across web, mobile and other platforms:
Key tasks are to:
• Navigating choice to the best of men’s interest on the web: finding girls, news, gags and sports video images and copy
• Managing a men’s community: polls, forums, other forms of social networking
• Running exclusive magazine properties
• Supporting advertorial executions
• Managing weekly email communications
Who are YOU:
• You have a very sharp eye for online content and a good pulse on what works and what won’t for the site’s target market
• You are in the know on what’s exciting in the World Wide Web – streaming video, blogs, user-generated content, etc.
• You have a flair for words – a word smith – with demonstrable writing skills from previous work experience
• You have a leaning towards new media: a good understanding of web technology beyond just clicking a mouse. Experience in Photoshop, HTML and Safari will earn you brownie points.
• You are quite a character but diplomatic in nature and capable of managing other characters with diverse temperaments, background and EQ
• You know the value of time and hence a stickler for deadlines
If you believe you are the voice for the young men of this generation and tick the above skills, then – time waits for no one – apply now!
I just need an online editor role at a gay-friendly site like Fridae in Singapore, and I’ll be all set.