From Fergus Pitt over at the ABC – click here for the job, based in Sydney Australia.
UGC TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
- Salary range: $61,127 to $66,624 pa + super
- Location: ABC Ultimo Centre, Sydney
- Term: Full time position
- Contract up to June 2009
- Closing date : 25/04/2008
ABC Innovation develops and manages the award-winning website abc.net.au. We are also responsible for driving strategic innovation in the ABC through developing new areas of content creation, audience connection and platform distribution, in partnership with other ABC content divisions.
We are seeking an experienced technologist to assist in the implementation and development of its current User Generated Content (UGC) Application. The role reports to the Operations Manager and works in the Innovation Technology team to provide technical specialisation, support and training to ABC producers and developers, and technical liaison with the vendor of the application. The role also has the potential to grow to provide technical support to emerging ABC Innovation initiatives.
If you are self-motivated and excited about working on a new application and experienced with web interface solutions, we look forward to hearing from you.
1. Act as a technical specialist for the UGC application. Provide a full range of operational support and specialist advice to ABC producers and developers.
2. Liaise with and maintain a good working relationship with the external vendor of the UGC application.
3. Maintain operational effectiveness of the UGC application, including customisation, troubleshooting of application and coding issues, coordinating requests for fixes and enhancements with the IT division and the UGC vendor.
4. Facilitate the planning and coordination of the production of new sites and applications utilising new UGC technologies.
5. Prepare reports, manuals, training sessions, technical specifications and documentation on the UGC system application. Track issues and incidents, and communicate procedures and policies.
6. Proactively develop, implement and monitor the system functions and procedures, and apply best industry practice.
7. Work effectively with production teams, fostering and maintaining positive relationships. Facilitate knowledge sharing between developers and producers.
8. Keep abreast of emerging trends primarily in the field of digital media and online technology and platforms, and provide technical support to new projects as necessary.
2. Demonstrated ability to answer technical queries, analyse operational needs and provide technical advice and solutions within deadlines.
3. Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to communicate technology concepts proactively and effectively with internal and external clients.
4. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and effectively within a team environment.
6. Strong working knowledge in the full lifecycle of development, integration, configuration, troubleshooting and support of applications in a complex web environment is highly desirable.
7. Experience and qualifications in designing and delivering training is highly desirable.
8. A tertiary qualification in a computing-related field is highly desirable.
9. Previous experience with UGC management systems is highly desirable.
10. Awareness of relevant industry developments and corporate policies, an advantage.
For further information contact: Trevor Gillespie (02) 8333 4643
Applications quoting reference INM814164 should be sent to Recruitment, ABC GPO Box 9994, Adelaide SA or email firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 25 April 2008.
Applicants must address the selection criteria. For information on how to apply visit abc.net.au/jobs
Quote reference: INM814164
Aren’t the ABC like, the world leader or something, in podcasting and other Web 2.0 tools for MSM? Certainly Australia’s leader… Tell ’em I sent you 🙂