This one might be fun -forums for the Discovery Channel for South East Asia, Australia/New Zealand and Taiwan. From Seek.com.au (but link may not work, they create them on the fly for email):
Discovery Asia Inc
At Discovery Networks Asia, a division of leading real-world entertainment company Discovery Communications, Inc., we live and breathe the atmosphere of discovery — constantly. With seven leading networks — Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, Discovery Travel & Living, Discovery Science, Discovery Home and Health, Discovery Real Time and Discovery HD — reaching 325 million cumulative subscribers, each day is a new challenge as viewers across different cultures and 23 countries in Asia-Pacific tune in to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity. Ours in an environment that motivates people to achieve their best and discover their full potential.
We are looking for a Forum Manager to develop and manage the Discovery Channel Forums.
The ‘forums’ consists of the Discovery SEA, AUNZ and TW chat rooms.Forum ManagerResponsibilities:
- Research and implement a more effective forum structure
- Introduce new topics
- Structure topics / content areas to generate discussion
- Localise threads
- Generate discussion relevant to local market and cultural sensitivities
- Includes managing TW forum moderator ensuring consistency but local relevancy across all forumsForum Moderation
- Liase with internal staff to answer questions and post them in the forums
- Clean up forums
- remove any offensive threads
- Produce monthly forum report
- Develop partnership initiatives, competitions, promotions to drive traffic
- Work with online producers to ensure forums are fully integrated with the Discovery sitesRequirements:
- Experience managing an online community
- Technology and internet savvy with an understanding of social networking and community building online
- Requires daily moderation of the forums (at least 1hr)
- Excellent command of English
- Preferably an understanding of Asian and Australian online communitiesOnly shortlisted candidates will be notified.
I expect you to build out the reach of the online community-ness to each one of those 325 million subs. Heh.
Don’t forget out deal: you have to let me know how you get on. 🙂 Good luck!