2 Day Metaverse Workshop (Foundation)
Are you interested in a 2 Day Foundation Metaverse workshop covering Metaverse and Cross Reality (XR) strategy, brief history of virtual worlds and augmented layers and what we can learn, Oculus/Meta headsets, haptics and Unity/Unreal Engine, Cryptocurrency (and it’s importance in virtual spaces), NFTs, microtransactions, artificial intelligence (AI like Chatgpt/OpenAI and Midjourney and more) gamification and more?? email for more information. Updated Feb 2023
For those pursuing business applicable knowledge in a 2 Day Foundation Metaverse workshop covering Metaverse and Web3, cross/extended reality (XR) strategy. Want a brief overview of virtual worlds and augmented reality (AR) and how Metaverse strategies and campaigns are working in those environments? Oculus/Meta headsets, haptics and Unity/Unreal Engine, Cryptocurrency (and it’s importance in virtual spaces), NFTs & digital twins, microtransactions, gamification and more?? This course is also aimed at you if you are interested in case studies of Web3 and manufacturing, luxury goods and fashion, Universities and education, Government and Digital Nations. We cover the Future of Work including onboarding and training in the Enterprise as well as online communities such as Decentralised Autonomous Organisations (DAO) impact on industry organisations. How will artificial intelligence underpin the Metaverse/Web3 – From ChatGPT, Dall-e from OpenAI to Midjourney and beyond. This is an intensive course.
Curriculum for 2 Day Metaverse Foundation Workshop
Ticket Price for Metaverse Foundation Course
Want to attend Metaverse Foundation in Sydney? This is a cost effective way of learning what I privately mentor, but in a public class. For corporate or private bookings please contact me.
One Ticket to 2 Day Metaverse Course
$1250 /2 days
$625 per day
email for more information Dates TBC.
Enquire: please ask for conference keynotes, corporate inhouse sessions or private Zoom mentoring on the Metaverse and Cross Reality
Prerequisites for the Metaverse Foundation Course
This is a 2 day course – please commit to both days as the learning pathway builds over the two days. Because the course is a Foundation course introducing concepts, no prerequisites are required. You do NOT need a virtual reality headset as there will be an opportunity to try out a headset at some stage during the two days.
Date and Time, Ticket Information, Map
email for more information
Level 5/20 Bond Street Sydney.
Finishes at 5pm each day. Bring you laptop and mobile phone – and chargers for the both! Lunch and light refreshment is included on all days. Full Refunds available until 30 days before, enquire if you need to transfer to another course. Covid rules apply.
If you have chosen Team/Department sessions please make sure you send the link to your attendees. If you have more than 10 attendees please contact me as the setup is slightly different.
This 2 Day Metaverse course is a mix of lecture, group challenges and computer based exercises (bring your own laptop – remember the power supply!). This course has been very popular for corporate organisations in Australia and in Singapore, and as a Zoom mentoring workshop and is now being offered as a public class, for those wanting to gain a foundation knowledge in the Metaverse.
Contact Laurel Papworth
Central Finance Office needs a proposal and/or quote? If you have any questions, want to run this privately for a conference or offsite, need a specialist Proposal etc, please email us with question, dates and detailed request. A GST Invoice/Receipt is issued if booked online, but sometimes Head Office needs more. Alternative call +61432684992
Not ready to join a course – watch my free videos!
ChatGPT for Australian Real Estate Agents and Realtors – AI and OpenAI – prompts & modifiers:
This is a tutorial for real estate agents and realtors on how to use ChatGPT prompts and modifiers.
Australian Open and Roblox ~ Metaverse progression ~ Best selling Australian NFT
Australian Open and Roblox – 120,000 visitors in the first day. Last year the NFTs made the top 10 NFTs by sales globally. I take SilkCharm in to play a game of tennis in Roblox!
Play Today and Golf in virtual worlds – Australia Metaverse News Australia
Golf is entering the Metaverse with Blockchain scoring, NFT Marketplace and soon to launch virtual world in Australia. Metaverse News
NFT campaign for wine and spirits – AustralianAgave – Metaverse Marketing Australia
Selling NFTs for wine and spirits campaigns in Metaverse Marketing for Metaverse News
OpenAI Chat GPT Detector and Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes – Metaverse and Ethics of AI
OpenAI detector will detect if an article or essay or report is written by an AI. But who trains the AI? Who guards the guardians?
Automotive Companies in the Metaverse – NFTs and Saraswati
List of examples of NFTs, Metaverse campaigns, virtual worlds, VR, AR, Web3 in the automotive car industry
About Laurel Papworth
Laurel has worked in social media, virtual worlds, games, augmented reality and cross reality (XR) for many years, starting with Sony games in 1990’s, Habbo and children’s worlds in 2000’s, augmented reality projects in 2011 onwards.
CERT IV Training and Assessment certified trainer (Diplomas and Certificates etc) Adult Education. Taught social media at Uni of Sydney for 12 years. More Info
Laurel has worked with online communities for Junior Masterchef, Idol, Big Brother etc. and have consulted on private online communities for banks Westpac, not for profits UNHCR & governments in SE Asia. Client List
Laurel has 11,000 online students. Laurel Papworth personally connects to 6 million followers online and has taught around 100,000 people in the last 10 years Named by Forbes™ Magazine in the Top 50 Influencers globally, named Head of Industry, Social Media (Marketing Magazine™) and in the Power150 Media bloggers (AdAge™) Testimonials
Metaverse Course information for Universities and Education Providers 2022-2023
12 Steps of Metaverse and Web3 Campaigns for Business
There is a need for a practical course that allows the students to walk away with market-ready knowledge of what is involved in building out a Metaverse/Web3 strategy from a marketing, social media online community perspective. Attendees also want to know “next steps” as investment in the ChatGPT, NFTs, Metaverse worlds grows exponentially from $27 Billion in 2020, to $100 billion in 2022 onto 1,500 billion by 2029.
- Small business want to know how to create NFTs and Digital Twins to add value to their business, and additional revenue streams as well as building engaged Brand online communities.
- Industry Organisations are eager to understand the threat that DaO (decentralised autonomous organisations) have to their leadership in their vertical and understand as industry advocates they need to lead the sector in updating to the new structures.
- Governments are investigating how to migrate a copy of a nation into the Metaverse with Tuvalu, South Korea and UAE already initiating Digital Nation Twins with the Japanese Government encouraging Web3/Metaverse solutions being implemented at a Local Government level.
- Corporate investment in NFTs (virtual goods), augmented reality and virtual reality has been aggressive. In particular, Facebook/Meta’s “The Future of Work” investment in virtual reality in Meta Horizon Workrooms for onboarding and training, virtual content for customer/staff discussions, and a WFH (work from home)/Hybrid workforce. Enterprise Metaverse is the strongest sector currently in 2023.
- This course aims to make you knowledgeable about relevant aspects of creating, managing and marketing Metaverse campaigns.
- This course aims to develop your understanding of and confidence in presenting Web3/Metaverse strategies and solutions to management, staff and clients.
- This course aims to equip you with basic technical expertise in Web3 technologies. And while not a “developers” course, as a business or marketing agency the aim is for you to have an overview of the tools behind this emergent technology sector.
- This course aims to ensure you have the skills to build and scale large communities in Web3 and the Metaverse for NFTs, crypto, virtual worlds, and more.
Upon successful completion of this course you will:
- Be able to write and present a Metaverse strategy.
- Review technical and marketing options for Web3/Metaverse campaigns.
- Look at ways to build engaged audiences through Metaverse initiatives.
- Review case studies and analytics to determine best practices for relevant industry sector in the Metaverse
Metaverse Strategy Documents
- Basics of “what is the Metaverse”
- Step by Step Strategy for Metaverse and the Organisation including Online Community building, Campaigns, and Influencers.
- Integrate Metaverse into other organisation strategies such as Marketing or Human Resources and Training strategy.
Features of The Metaverse
- Integration of Augmented Reality (AR) and real world layers
- Virtual Reality with headsets and haptics
- Mixed Reality and cross reality
- Structure of curriculum and lectures
Components of the Metaverse
- Virtual currency & microtransactions,
- NFTs and virtual products, Avatars and customisation, virtual goods and p2p
- Lore & onboarding, teams, online community PuGs and Guilds,
Importance of Gamification in virtual and augmented worlds.
- Structure – leaderboards and levels,
- rewards and points, achievements and badges,
- quests, side quests and challenges,
Monetising the Metaverse: Where is the money?
- C2H, B2H, C2P, P2H revenue streams. Customer (C), Host (H), 3rd party Partners (P)
- Case Studies with cost of acquisition and return on investment
Developing cross-world campaigns (meta-verse)
- Engagement and community,
- analytics and insights,
- advertising, marketing and promotions
- the future of campaigns in the new virtual worlds
Future Directions of Web3 and the Metaverse
- DAO and industry organisations changing structures
- Crypto currency and blockchain wallets likely direction
- Virtual goods and digital twins NFTs of the future
- Marketing, communications and public relations professionals building brand through engaged communities online in virtual worlds (VR) and augmented layers (AR).
- Small Business such as social media managers wanting to manage communities online as game moderators or Discord managers. Micro businesses investing in NFTs to support their online revenue
- Training Managers and H.R. who need to deliver uptodate virtual training and/or onboarding through Oculus headsets or similar
- Lecturers, teachers and educators who are “flipping the classroom” by providing education in a world of virtual lessons, CHATGPT (AI) tools and decentralised autonomous personalised learning
- A reading list will be provided. This list is updated on a monthly basis depending on developments in emergent technology, Web3 and Metaverse.
- Students should bring their own paper and pen to the class. If bringing a laptop or iPad, and power supply, first confirm there are enough power outlets in the training room.
- Course notes will be provided.
This course is a 2 day course, preferably run concurrently, preferably from 9:30am to 5pm with the early AM required for technical setup of VR headset etc.
PROMO for education providers only
I can provide a talking head video invitation (YouTube) inviting participants and talking through the curriculum. You may use this video invite on your website, and/or socials. Please provide a branding image with your organisations logo for the green screen backdrop.
Are you interested in a 2 Day Foundation Metaverse workshop covering Metaverse and Web3, cross/extended reality (XR) strategy? Want a brief overview of virtual worlds and augmented reality (AR) and how Metaverse strategies and campaigns are working in those environments? Oculus/Meta headsets, haptics and Unity/Unreal Engine, Cryptocurrency (and it’s importance in virtual spaces), NFTs & digital twins, microtransactions, gamification and more?? This course is also aimed at you if you are interested in case studies of Web3 and manufacturing, luxury goods and fashion, Universities and education, Government and Digital Nations. We cover the Future of Work including onboarding and training in the Enterprise as well as online communities such as Decentralised Autonomous Organisations (DAO) impact on industry organisations. This is an intensive course.