In today’s news broadcast we are covering the Quiet Australian vs speaking up on family abuse, domestic abuse, elderly abuse, financial abuse etc. Plus being sued for social media naming and shaming and also whether libel/defamation can occur if you privately identify to authorities someone in a social media photo e.g. Capitol rally/riot.
Social Media News Resources:
- Unmute the Quiet Australian Stop it at the Start campaign
- March 2021: Facebook negotiations breakdown
- Grocery Clerk vs Prominent Georgia family
- Dobbing in to FBI …or public service?
- We discussed “if it bleeds it ledes” as a behaviour modifier for the community. ie Press as the moral compass.
You can engage with me (live) here:
- Twitter TV (Periscope): @SilkCharm
- Facebook Live: https://facebook.com/laurelpapworth (follow) or https://facebook.com/silkcharm (Like)
- LinkedIn Live: https://www.linkedin.com/in/laurelpapworth
- YouTube Livestream Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs33tjCh3PVzP6sdUEr56oroZlTEKSLQM
Social Media NEWS from Laurel’s studio in the Blue Mountains of NSW. Every 10:45am Monday, Sydney time. Social Media LECTURE series every Thursday at 1pm Sydney time. You are welcome! 🙂