In today’s news broadcast we are covering body image on social media, how health info is gathered and sold by Government, and how negative criticism online can lead to TV shows chasing the story down.
Social Media News Resources:
- Instagram’s body positive campaign, including @JameelaJamil on Twitter and i_Weigh
- UPDATED: Facebook social graph, Graph API and Marketing API – your apps for pixel retargeting or Facebook comments on a website is in your developer dashboard.
- Facebook’s version of the “real story” re: FacebookNewsBan. A good example of why a corporate pressroom or business blog lets you manage the spin! LOL
- Personalised Ads, Big Data and Government selling health data (2020) of patients (you!) and again in 2021 to Palantir/CIA. Deanonymised Aussie data breach with health.
- GOVERNMENT Product Safety recall, negative criticism and why Harvey Norman blocked me o.O
You can engage with me (live) here:
- Twitter TV (Periscope): @SilkCharm
- Facebook Live: https://facebook.com/laurelpapworth (follow) or https://facebook.com/silkcharm (Like)
- LinkedIn Live: https://www.linkedin.com/in/laurelpapworth
- YouTube Livestream Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs33tjCh3PVzP6sdUEr56oroZlTEKSLQM
Social Media NEWS from Laurel’s studio in the Blue Mountains of NSW. Every 10:45am Monday, Sydney time. Social Media LECTURE series every Thursday at 1pm Sydney time. You are welcome! 🙂