Are looking for a SOCIAL MEDIA KEYNOTE SPEAKER, one with subject matter knowledge, who isn’t going to sell a whole lot of product to your audience and who will give the attendees some great takeaways including ONLINE COURSES to make a change to their business, and the way they do their Facebook and Twitter, LinkedIn and Google?? Great, you’ve come to the right place!
- Dynamic and informed presenter with 20 years experience running online communities and social media platforms, named by Forbes Magazine, Marketing Magazine, AdAge as top social media influencer/blogger.
- Oodles of real world experience running Facebook Pages for TV shows like Junior Masterchef – 16,000 comments an Ad break!
- Conference attendees gain access to an online course as a “takeaway” -video lectures and follow along tutorials. Workbooks and an app. VALUE!
- I can make a personalised 2 minute Video YouTube Message from me highlighting & promoting to potential attendees what they will learn at the conference. Please confirm in your booking email and after discussion…
- 10 years teaching Business and Gov social media at University of Sydney (prev taught a Masters).
- Runs weekly workshops on social media to all kinds of businesses in Australia (and occasionally overseas).
- Popular with the Press and podcasters/bloggers. Happy to talk about your conference.
- Reaches 4,000,000 people a week on social media – can connect your conference to them (after discussion).
- Lots of Keynote Topics focussing on Big Data, Social Media, Gamification and Online Communities.
- Executive Briefing on Social Media: impact on bottom line, ROI, risk assessment
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Facebook And Twitter (and Should).
- Social Media and “Your” Industry (bespoke research and presentation)
- Improving Your Facebook – getting it right!
- Better Frameworks: Social Media Strategies – 9 steps for a social media strategy (+online)
- Social Press: Create A WordPress Business Blog & Social Media Press Room
- Business KPIs: How to do A Social Media Audit and Benchmark
- More Interaction: Campaigns – 5 steps of a social media campaign (+online)
- Saving Resources: Step by Step Automation, Scheduling of Social media on Facebook and Twitter (advanced) (online)
- My Life With the Trolls: 8 Ways to Deal with Negative Criticism Online. (-online, coming soon)
- Improved Facebook & Twitter Engagement – Conversation Diaries (+online)
- Future Now: Impact of Big Data (on Marketing, or Procurement or Recruitment etc).
- Others Monetizing social media, measuring social media, setting up social media dashboards, engaging key influencers
Please choose from the following online social media courses or contact me about an industry specific online course:
- 9 Steps for Writing an Online Social Media Strategy
- The 5 Steps of a Social Media Campaign to get More Engagement on Facebook and Twitter
- Create A WordPress Business Blog & Social Media Press Room
- How to do A Social Media Audit and Benchmark
- Step by Step Automation, Scheduling of Social media on Facebook and Twitter (advanced)
- Facebook Foundation
- Twitter Foundation
- Measurement and Analytics
- More to come…
Please email Fiona email@example.com, email myself firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 0432684992 (+6143264992) if interested in the above.
2017 has been a wild year for my social media courses. Thailand, Bali, U.K., Iceland and then Bali again (only Iceland was non-work related). Ran a few 2 and 3 day workshops for Parliament Houses (CAN & NSW) plus LOTS for different councils and Local Gov. I worked hard and built up my online school from 9 courses to nearly 60 social media courses (some of them industry specific and private). My social media students now number in the tens of thousands. LinkedIn courses (at the Uni of Sydney and privately) are proving to be popular (again) and requests are coming in from as far away as Singapore for LinkedIn courses in 2018. The 3 Day Social Media Intensive in Sydney which I ran 3 times and the 2 day Facebook Intensive in Sydney which I think I ran twice were all full so as long as businesses need them I’ll keep running them. I introduced a new 3 day course on building an online school with online courses and creating and editing video lectures for the school. That was fun. Might do that again in 2018! 🙂 I ran 3 different workshops around Social Media for Events and Exhibitions – funny how things batch. However not a coincidence. One led to another led to another. Attendees talk! Undergraduate – I taught an undergraduate topic on social media for Uni of Sydney which was for around 120 students so quite intense over quite a few months. Talking of schools, I ran a few workshops for private schools this year plus a workshop at the AISNSW conference.
During (2015) I spoke at an Entrepreneurs Conference in Nha Trang Vietnam on social media to build your new business. I gave a one day workshop in Kuala Lumpur for the Malaysia Institute of Human Resource Management on onboarding and retaining staff through social media. I put together a specialist presentation on social media, transparency and the shift in Purchasing for the CPOs (Chief Procurement Officers) conference focussing on Big Data and using big data to acquire systems and also how sales can target purchasing people with big data. Lawyers and working with social media to improve business2business connection. Social Ads for a Global Not for Profit. How to Write a Social Media Strategy for the Public Relations Institute of Australia (including the online course). Facebook Engagement Strategies for a Sydney based Hospital (all departments). Heading to Dubai later in 2015. Should be fun!
In 2014 I spoke in Bali at a FMCG global brand global conference on retail and social media. In Cairns for a global major hotel brand one day workshop for a national conference on hospitality and social media. Another conference for Procurement senior professionals and social media (same client). And a bunch of private workshops/speaking internally for Executive Briefings, Breakfast and Lunch events. Mental Health (Canberra) and Monash University (Victoria) and City Council of Ballarat, La Trobe and Centacare were also on my travel itinerary.
And 2013 was a busy year by far (2 presentations a week!) including social media and gyms for a national franchise, Government social media workshops for Australian Trade Commission, Local Health workshop, La Trobe (again) Monash (again) and a large workshop at a Strata Management National Conference. A number of keynotes at recruitment and human resources conferences including a workshop on gamification of onboarding. My social media keynote in Auckland was attended by 30 franchisees for a key global franchise organisation. Throw in the Department of Education conference as well as one for a global beauty brand, and it was a eclectic year!
If you want client lists/conferences and workshops from 2005 to 2012 please let me know. They includeFilm and TV workshops for Screen Australia, SAFC and AFTRS and Metro Film School. As well as a project and keynote presentations for women of Islam in Saudi Arabia (Jeddah) including the Royal Princess (Jordan), Portugal and other European conferences, a special keynote on building communities online (Augmented Reality) for the team at Google (California) and a keynote to 1,000 attendees in Japan (Tokyo) for Ad:Tech Tokyo.
My name is Laurel Papworth and online I am “SilkCharm”. Forbes Magazine named me in the top 50 social media influencers worldwide and I reach 4 million people a month through my personal social media channels. I have managed Facebook Pages with millions of Fans e.g. Junior Masterchef and other reality TV shows. I have taught social media including Facebook, Twitter, blogging, Instagram, Pinterest to companies and government at the University of Sydney CCE for the last 10 years and frequently appear on TV, Radio, blogs and podcasts. I speak at conferences around the world on a regular basis and have 5,000 online students studying social media with me.
Longer Bio for Conference Presenters
Laurel was named by Forbes Magazine in the Top 50 Social Media Influencers globally, and Marketing Magazine named her “Head of Industry, Social Media”. She has consulted globally including with Singapore Government and Middle East Broadcasting, and in Australia, with Westpac, Sony, local, State and Federal Government. Laurel manages massive gaming and online communities including Facebook and forums for reality TV shows such as Junior Masterchef. Since 2005, Laurel has been teaching online community management at the University of Sydney, Australian Film and TV School, Metro Film School and she has been managing virtual communities since 1989. In the last few months Laurel has appeared on Finance Quarter, Lateline, 7:30 Report, Midday Report ABC, and in the Australian Financial Review, The Australian, Radio National and other media channels. AdAge named in the Top 150 Media Bloggers, and she is on Google’s Plus Recommended List
Example: MIHRM Malaysia Human Resources HR and Recruitment 2015
Example: Oracle Cloud Conference (we can do better on sound now :P) 2013
Dot Point Bio for Conference Organisers
- Laurel Papworth is a dynamic, fun presenter who has been creating and managing online communities for over 20 years
- Forbes Magazine named Laurel in the 50 Most Influential in Social Media globally
- Marketing Magazine named Laurel Papworth “Head of Industry, Social Media” for Australia
- AdAge named Laurel in the Power150 bloggers globally, and Grader.com named Laurel in the “most influential 50 women on Twitter”.
- CEO and Founder setting up online communities on forums, Facebook etc and managing them including Everquest, Ultima Online, Westpac Bank, Junior Masterchef TV show, Middle East Broadcasting (women’s online community), Singapore Military, journalists with The Australian newspaper
- been running virtual online communities since the late 1980’s including virtual worlds and forums
- teaches workshops on online community management, social media press releases, Facebook marketing, increasing your Twitter reach, and socia media monitoring and measurement to Governments, Corporations, small business and not for profits in Australia, New Zealand, Asia and Middle East.
teaches or has taught over a number of years at Uni of Sydney (2005), Australian Film TV and Radio School, UWSYD, Metro Film School on social media and social entertainment and online community marketing and communications.
- the author of Social Media Monetization and other books on social media and online community management including one that has been translated into Thai by the Thai Government.
- Has a level 100 Fire Mage in World of Warcraft and can often be found there running screaming from monsters.
Favorite Tweets by @SilkCharm
— Stephanie Begg (@MissMackFilms) February 18, 2015
— Katie-cake marketing (@cake_marketing) June 17, 2015
— Felix Dexel (@FelixDexel) June 12, 2015
— Gordon Donovan (@gdonovan1971) May 13, 2015
— Paul Dobing (@PaulDobing) May 13, 2015