I will be in Singapore 31 March – 1 April teaching a 2 day course:
Understanding and Implementing Social Media into Your Crisis Management Strategy
When advice needs to flow quickly from group to group, social networks are critical in the dissemination of information. Understanding the social media Government’s worldwide have used, social media such as Faceboook, blogs, wikis and MySpace to keep affected regions uptodate on the latest news on everything from earthquakes to equine flu. Companies are using social networks to monitor crisis with branding in the blogosphere and social media channels. In addition, we examine case studies of bloggers who have not just created a lot of negative discussion around a brand, but also affected the share price of a company.
By the end of the day participants will be able to:
- Learn what is social media with regards to Public Relations
- Understanding the power of social networks when dealing with a crisis. Grasping the value of a quick turnaround and knowing which sites to use
- Developing Social Media Press Releases
- Understand Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter for sourcing press contacts
- Learn how to monitor discussions on blogs and forums, about your company or Government department
- Development a strategy to facilitate the flow of information
- Growing relationships and a network of influence in cyberspace
- The role of PR as as custodians of Corporate Social Responsibility and the increasing importance of company karma
You can contact me for more information if you are interested in attending.
I like Singapore. And The Gallery Hotel are always nice to me. Nah this isn’t blackmarket blog posting, just me looking forward to a few days in the City of SIN. By the way, I’ll be in Kuala Lumpur and Shanghai running a bunch of courses in May and June. Keep a look out for them.