I’ll be teaching a couple of 1/2 day step by step social media course in Perth on 27th April, 2012 while I’m there for the #Media140 conference. Please let me know if you are coming along! They are small classes with room for question and answer, so bring your Facebook and Twitter questions!
Step by Step Social Media
You probably already know a little of Facebook, Twitter and social bookmarking. In this one-day course you’ll get a real taste of the marketing power of the new Social Media campaigns: creating managing and distributing social content through online communities. We’ll look at case studies of customers engaging with companies on social media sites and evaluate the benefits and drawbacks of various social media tools. An interesting day spent exploring a dynamic and challenging area. No technical or prior knowledge required.
What is Social Media? and how does social media marketing compare to traditional marketing? Do you know the difference between a social media strategy and a social media campaign? What are the must-do steps of a successful campaign using Facebook, Twitter and other social networking tools?
The use of social networking tools has grown over the last 5 or 6 years to the extent that not only will we investigate Return on Investment (ROI) of marketing dollars in online media but also examine the Cost of Inaction (COI) of not being involved. By becoming familiar with case studies, statistics, influencer monitoring and measurement, marketing professionals can maximisie their online engagement with customers.
We specifically look at Listening and Monitoring, Creating Social Content, Blogger Outreach and Social Media Press Releases, Promotional Tools and Measurement. There are also opportunities to bring your questions
By the end of this course participants will:
• have an overview of the 5 steps of a social media campaign
• understand how to find and Engage social networks online
• know the do’s and don’ts of blogger outreach
• a business understanding of Facebook and Twitter and when to use them
• monitoring the web (overview) filtering comments
• measuring the conversation: Understand the metrics and what successful engagement looks like.
• Date: 27th April,
• Venue: DigitalMe – Northbridge Piazza, Community room
• Timings: Morning sessions (9.30am-12.30pm), Afternoon session (1.30 to 4.30pm)
• Pricing: $175 per session (limited ticket availability)
See you there!