Are you interested in private one-on-one social media training (or two, bring a colleague/friend)? Is there a specific issue or project that needs bespoke help to do with Facebook, Instagram, Social Ads, LinkedIn, scheduling, Social Media Strategy, Campaigns, hashtags, pixel retargeting, algorithms, and so on that you would like to sit down with someone for two days and just, get the job done? Can you put up with my goofy jokes?
For the last year I’ve been inviting alumni (clients that attended my Uni classes or public courses) up to the Blue Mountains to my small training room (actually it’s Gary’s (my partner’s) photography training room but I “borrow” it) for private mentoring. We cover everything from theory and strategy through to practical setting up of tools and resources. If you’ve been wanting to deep dive into social media, this is the course for you
Note: if travelling up to the Blue Mountains for a two day offsite is not for you, there are public courses for example, the 2 Day Facebook and Instagram Intermediate course and the 3 Day Social Media Manager Advanced course in Sydney CBD and other cities. Or you can do an online social media course, lifetime access, in your own time.
Private Mentoring on Social Media
- Mentoring is Two Days (more by request)
- In the Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
- Stay at a BnB, hotel, Airbnb nearby
- Completely bespoke, personalised sessions with me
- Beautiful environment with kangaroos bouncing around (usually at sunset, but the kookaburras will laugh at you all day long)
- Bring a colleague/friend and split the costs
- Included: a nice lunch usually in Blackheath, plus the online courses with video lectures and workbooks
Topics to Consider (examples)
- Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, YouTube maybe even TikTok!
- Algorithms and AI Optimisation (Newsfeed) for Facebook, IG, LinkedIn
- Social Ads including Boosted, Ad Manager, Business Manager, Pixel Retargeting etc, across platforms – create from scratch or optimise what you have already
- Scheduling tools for automation and timeliness, audit your tools, make recommendations, trial and setup the tools
- Customer Avatars, Core Audiences, Lookalike Audiences, Social Graph, Economic Graph for targeting leads and clients
- Writing a social media strategy for a whole-of-organisation approach
- Setting up 6 week social media Campaigns
- Corporate blogging, social media press rooms, writing for social, content creation across Facebook, LinkedIn and others
- Creating Key Influencer strategies – finding and evaluating, negotiating, tools to measure key influencers, and their channels
- Others topics: hashtags and keywords, creating online courses, creating video content, livestreaming to multi-channels etc.
Where to Stay
TRAINING ROOM: I can ferry attendees in my car if you are staying around the Mount Vic/Blackheath area down to Katoomba. The training room itself is a converted cottage/gallery in the garden – my partner Gary Hayes runs photography workshops there on the weekend so it’s set up with desks and data projectors and screens and is very practical for training as well as being a beautiful environment (kangaroos and king parrots interrupt classes from time to time).
If you are looking for less costly Accommodation, I would suggest you book a room at the (2km away) “haunted house” Victoria and Albert Guest House Mount Victoria Otherwise the gorgeous Hydro Majestic (Medlow Bath) or the lovely Carrington Hotel (Katoomba) or (a bit further away) Fairmont Resort (Leura) – depending on where you would prefer to be. Cloudland (Airbnb) is a 2 bedroom with double ensuites in Blackheath that has been popular with other attendees. Please check Booking.com and Airbnb.com for offers/availability as well.
If you take the train from Sydney, The Victoria and Albert is a stones throw from the Mount Victoria station and I am a 10 min walk away but happy to pick you up in the car esp if it’s raining/snowing!!! Which reminds me, bring warm clothes. NOTE: Lunch is included but there is no restaurant in Mount Victoria (the Caltex does have a cafe/restaurant with veggie burgers) – so you may want to bring dinner with you if staying at Victoria and Albert Guesthouse with no car. They have a microwave. If you do have a car, there are nice restaurants in Blackheath and the rest of the mountains.
Bio of Laurel Papworth
Laurel has trained 10,000 social media strategists and trainers in Australia and was named by Forbes magazine in the Top 50 Social Media Influencers globally, and Marketing Magazine named her “Head of Industry, Social Media”. Author of Social Media Revenue, Laurel has consulted globally including with Singapore Government and Middle East Broadcasting, and in Australia, with Westpac, Sony, local, State and Federal Government. Laurel manages massive gaming and online communities including millions of Fans on Facebook and forums for reality TV shows such as Junior Masterchef, Idol and Big Brother. Since 2005, Laurel has been teaching social media at the University of Sydney and she has been managing virtual communities since 1989. Laurel’s blog laurelpapworth.com has been named by AdAge in the Power150 media blogs worldwide and she is in the top 10 bloggers for Australia.
Laurel Papworth aka SilkCharm personally connects with 6.8 million people through social media each month. She has 12,000 online students studying social media with her.
Laurel Papworth Photo (if necessary – ie for a brochure / website)
This direct link may work for the High Definition large image http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3125/5851513200_512e8a9aef_o_d.jpg
NOTE: To download, right click image, select view ORIGINAL SIZE and then next to DOWNLOAD click Download original size.
Laurel Papworth Video
For Training and Conference Organisers: Social Media Keynote, Press and Workshop Educator Showreel
LOTS OF TESTIMONIALS! Please go to my testimonials page for nice things people say about our work together 🙂
Terms and Conditions are here.