Do you want to know the best social media podcasts for you or just want to increase your podcast listening around Facebook, Twitter, social media, online communities and so on? Here is a list I came up with – you might have more social media podcasts to add to the list. If so, yell out.
I’ve been putting out a podcast on Online Communities and Social Media for a number of years and experimented with different genres. I have done step by step technical screencasts, chatting from an armchair a la Hitchcock! and I am now working with Panel of smart Social Media people.
Social Media Business by Laurel Papworth
My little ol’ podcast is definitely not the best. There’s lots of technical things I don’t understand and am learning. For example, this episode had my mouth out of synch with the words and took Gary hours to correct. So I skipped doing the normal stuff like straplines to fix it the synch problem. The latest episode is a panel with Lee Hopkins from South Australia, Téa Smith from Western Australia, Stephen Johnson from Melbourne, and myself Laurel Papworth from Sydney as well as Shel Israel from the USA. We talk about Local Government and social media, Wikipedia and SOPA blackout, Facebook and the cruise liner sinking, and other issues where social media and society intersect.
You can subscribe to more on Vimeo (I’m moving off YouTube) or subscribe in iTunes. Go to Social Media Business page on Apple iTunes website then click View in iTunes to launch the iTunes app. Audio version is also available.
We’re thinking of asking some of the podcasters below to join the panel one week – so we can get free tips (yay!) and to help you guys understand the value of a podcast to your social media offering. We’re also looking for other possible people to interview (you?) so let me know…
List of Social Media Podcasts:
Some of these I listen to regularly, some I dip and out of, some I’ve never listened to but included because I was told about them. Snack as thy will.
- DishyMix by Susan Bratton (I listen to a lot)
- Connected Social Media has a lot of case studies of mostly big business
- Marketing Over Coffee SUBSCRIBED
- For Immediate Release – Shel Holtz et al have been around forever in Social Public Relation. http://www.forimmediaterelease.biz/
- The Engaging Brand – Anna Farmery (very English!) SUBSCRIBED
- This Week in Social Media by webtv network VIDEO Yay! SUBSCRIBED
- Social Buzz Awards weekly podcast from UK
- Allure New Media Webinars on social media
- Digital Breezes by Leonie Smith (another Aussie! yay!)
- Trafcom Communication by Donna Papacosta. Not just a social media podcast also communication. Tips on LinkedIn.
- Managing the Gray – changing and evolving in social media. http://www.managingthegray.com/
- Six Pixels of Separation – Twistimage often rates highly in social media podcast awards http://www.twistimage.com/podcast/ SUBSCRIBED
Please let me know if the link doesn’t work as Apple doesn’t make it easy to promote podcasts with links. Sometimes itpc:// works and sometimes it doesn’t! Some have phobos addresses (apple links) and others don’t. Grrr. I wrote SUBSCRIBED if it’s one I’m currently listening to, but I float in and out of content. I’ve tried to avoid the obvious bandwagon podcasts for obvious reasons, and present a list that you might find interesting.