The lovely Matthew Magain from Sitepoint sent me this job a week or so ago. I reckon they’d be a smashin’ company to work for:
Company: SitePoint Pty Ltd
Job Title: Direct/Online Marketer
Description: An exciting opportunity exists for a results-driven direct marketing guru to unleash their entrepreneurial side in a young, dynamic and innovative company.
The ideal candidate will have a background in direct marketing and prior experience either selling or marketing technical products, preferably online. Excellent sales copy production skills are a must, as well as strong communication, team management and organizational skills.
SitePoint produces career-enhancing products for web professionals. The company sells its books, kits and software direct to over 140 countries worldwide through sitepoint.com, which attracts over two million visitors each month and is ranked in the top 1,000 web sites in the world (source: alexa.com). In addition to its direct sales channel, SitePoint has recently formed retail distribution partnerships with O’Reilly in the USA, Computer Bookshops Limited in the UK, and Woodslane in Australia.
SitePoint was recently recognized in the 2004 BRW FAST 100 and Deloitte Technology Fast 50 as one of Australia ‘s fastest growing companies.
The objective of this role is to initiate, manage and optimize all direct marketing activities for SitePoint, both offline and online. We want someone who is obsessed with numbers and driven by results – someone who has the passion, drive and ability to take on full bottom line responsibility for our direct sales channel.
* Initiate and manage SitePoint’s direct mail efforts
* Research and buy appropriate mailing lists.
* Write advertising copy, brochures, and sales letters.
* Co-coordinate efforts with designers, printers, and direct mail companies.
* Measure performance and optimize direct mail campaigns.
* Manage all of SitePoint’s online marketing activities.
* Recruit new and manage existing online affiliates.
* Launch and analyse targeted Pay-Per-Click Campaigns.
* Negotiate, buy, monitor and analyse online advertising campaigns.
* Develop sales copy for new product launches.
* Write and optimize auto-responder sequences for SitePoint products.
* Actively market each new product release to appropriate Websites, blogs, and magazines.
* Initiate and follow up on third party reviews of SitePoint products.
* Launch and manage new marketing initiatives on sitepoint.com
* Generate ideas to innovative and help differentiate SitePoint.
* Develop new sales channels for SitePoint’s high-end products.
* Perform other duties as required to guarantee the success of SitePoint’s direct sales channel.
* Experience marketing technical products.
* A background in direct marketing.
* Experience buying online advertising / pay-per-click campaigns.
* Strong writing skills and ability to communicate ideas clearly.
* Proven management and organization skills.
* Starting salary will be determined based on prior experience.
* A mandatory three-month probation period will apply.
* Bonuses will be paid based on growth generated by direct sales.
Please fill in the survey below to be considered for an interview:
SitePoint were the sponsors for the webdirections conference that I spoke at last year. All round good guys, in my book. Oooh, I’ve just had a GREAT idea for a social network solution based around their product, for ’em! o.O