From LaVolta, by way of Seek.com.au – this link probably won’t work again.
Sub-Classification: Agency: Account Mgmt.
Area: Sydney – Inner Sydney – Inner
Senior Product/Commercial Manager
One of Australia’s most established broadcasters moves online. Our client is about to launch an online entertainment portal which will house all of their Broadcast media interests spanning local and regional TV and Radio.
Acting as a hub for these properties the site will deliver richmedia and user generated content from the target audience, which will be fed from a combination of on air programming such as Talk Back Radio and online forums including chat rooms, blogs and other interactive forums.
Covering a range in titles and interests including News and Current Affairs, entertainment, gardening, cooking and sport, the portal will become the focal point for convergent media taking this major broadcast player into the online space.
Product /Commercial Manager
With overall responsibility for the commercial management of the portal you will:
* Manage the day-to-day relationship with sales partner, ensuring campaigns.
* Maximise commercial return.
* Deliver results to advertisers.
* Meet obligations and are delivered within product guidelines.
* Identify and implement new commercial opportunities.
* Manage the day-to-day relationship with distribution partners and identify new partners.
Work with marketing and promotions teams to:
* Develop marketing material and execute marketing plan.
* Ensure the portal is integrated into the station’s on-air offering.
* Develop low/no-cost campaigns that drive traffic to the website.
* Ensure station-based stakeholders see the portal as an essential part of their product offering.
* Develop SEO techniques to ensure the portal is highly ranked by leading search engines.
* Encourage static and contextual links from third-party sites and corporate intranets.
* Use CRM techniques to encourage repeat visits from existing site users.
* Produce regular traffic reports for distribution to product stakeholders and management.
Drive ongoing site evolution and improvement, developing initiatives that:
* Increase the number of readers.
* Increase the number of pages read by readers.
* Improve the user experience.
* Differentiate our product from the competition.
* Increase revenue and commercial opportunities.
* Reduce costs.
* Maintain and prioritise a register of all projects and ideas.
Implement approved initiatives, working with technical and creative teams to ensure they:
* Are delivered to schedule and within budget.
* meet or exceed the expectations of relevant stakeholders.
* Develop and maintain appropriate documentation, including project plans and functional specifications where appropriate.
* Engaging and managing technical and creative resources as required.
Unfortunately we can only respond to those applicants who meet the above criteria.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. Your specialist consultant will be Sally Mills.
LaVolta’s site is here. I wonder what the recommended candidate background might be. Traditional media? Web 2.0 guru? Project Manager? Account Manager? Terms like Senior Product Manager can pull people in from varied areas… And, from the job description it looks as though they are taking the portal route, not the community one. Remember, a portal is a doorway, which you click to check something then click off, leading to statistics of number of readers and number of pages read. A community is a living room or kitchen table where you come in to discuss issues – leading to statistics of number of readers, number of pages read and amount of time spent in discussion… and that time should be counted. In hours. Per day.