- Sydney Location
- Fantastic Team Environment
- Challenging Work – Fast Pace
Be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of Australia’s number 1 home and garden website with this hands-on role at a leading online media company. The successful candidate will have a combination of online technology skills, a feel for content and a vision for the future of the online medium.
homesite.com.au has recently joined forces with the REA Group, which runs an international portfolio of real estate websites – including Austalia’s market leader: realestate.com.au. This is an excellent opportunity join a small team as it heads into an exciting period of growth.
We’re looking for an all-rounder who can deal with a wide range of daily challenges. You may be a recent graduate with a technical/multimedia degree, a developer who wants to move into a broader production role, or a creative with a technical bent. It’s not just about the technology you know today – but your enthusiasm for tomorrow’s online technologies.
The primary focus of the role is:
To enhance the user experience and advertiser value of homesite.com.au by delivering new content and functionality
· Project manage the delivery of new functionality – working with internal and external partners
· Create and publish new site sections by modifying CMS template/designs and editing html
· Manage the resolution of site issues and bugs
· Manage and publish user and partner-generated content
· Manage and publish multimedia content
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
· Strong skills in HTML, CSS, XML and related web technologies
· Familiarity with content management systems.
· An understanding of the dynamics of user-generated content and the related technologies (Blogs, forums, chat, wikis etc)
· Understand the basics of online video and multimedia.
· Skills in a range of relevant software packages (such as MS Office, Dreamweaver, Visio, Project, Photoshop etc)
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· An understanding of web usability and accessibility
· A background in the MySource Matrix content management system would be a distinct advantage.
· Able to manage and prioritise multiple tasks
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Initiative and self-motivation
· Detail focused
· Team player
In return you will receive:
• A competitive remuneration package
• A workplace that values and rewards its team members
• Opportunities to develop professionally
I wonder if this seek.com.au link will work? Let me know if you get the job, I’ve got a few whinges about their search features. As you can probably tell from other posts on this little blog.