This could be an interesting job, but as it’s written in dot-points, it’s hard to tell. Why do HR people try to make job descriptions as boring as possible… to look more professional? To scare off all but the most eager? Ah well:
Online Communications OfficerPosition Type:
Full time – 3 month contractDivision and Team:National Communications Team, SydneyAccountable To:Online Communications ManagerPosition Purpose:To support the Online Content Manager with the ongoing management of all content for the Heart Foundation’s suite of online communications tools.The role will also ensure:
- Online content meets all editorial and publishing standards of the organisation and its partners;
- The effectiveness of the execution of online marketing through content creation and publishing and general website management;
- That online content provides a compelling and informative experience for website visitors and supports all marketing objectives of the organisation;
- That Heart Foundation staff can provide consistent and high quality online contentEssential Requirements:Education, Experience and Technical Knowledge· Proven experience in writing and editing content· Minimum of two years’ experience working in an online environment· Demonstrated ability to manage concurrent projects and work to deadlines· Tertiary qualification in Arts, Communications or equivalent certification· Proven experience communicating with all levels of the organisation· Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary online communication tools, such as (but not limited to) podcasting, RSS, blogs, streaming mediaEssential Competencies
- The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organisational Agility
- Good Influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to educate and influence key decision markers in the use of online environments
- The ability to research and produce content that effectively supports editorial and business objectives
- The ability to see or create opportunities for the further developments of website(s)IT competencies:Appropriate software skills (standard internet communications/publishing tools such as a website Content Management System)
- Experience with Photoshop
- Understanding and awareness of graphic design principles, especially as it applies to the online environment
To apply for this job please contact:
Online Communications Manager
Phone: 02 9219 2462
Email: Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
if the link to the seek.com.au page doesn’t work, don’t blame me. Usual deal, let me know how you get on? what did you wear? did they give you coffee and bikkies?
New Year = New Job no?