Creative Web DesignerKeen to design for some of the biggest companies in the country?Switch I.T. is looking looking for a fellow designer who shares the same passion for pixel perfect web design as us and knows XHTML and CSS inside out.We’re a small team dedicated to building the coolest web sites and applications for our clients. We provide top notch development services to some of the country’s largest companies like FOXTEL, Toyota, Sydney Airport and Australian Geographic.We’re located in funky Darlinghurst, not far from Sydney’s CBD and have a fun, casual work environment.ResponsibilitiesYou’ll be designing new web sites and email marketing solutions for a range of interesting clients. On top of this, you’ll be maintaining our existing client sites and web applications. When you’re not designing, you’ll be liaising with a selection of clients making sure our projects stay on track.The position is full-time and remuneration will be based on experience.RequirementsThe successful applicant will need to have a minimum of two years experience designing and building commercial web sites. We’re looking for a designer who can meet the following requirements:
- Comprehensive knowledge of standards compliant XHTML and CSS.
- Solid experience designing web sites and an impressive web design portfolio.
- Ability to ensure design consistency across all modern browsers (you know which ones we mean).
- Awesome communication skills (both written and verbal) and proven experience dealing with clients.
- Casual, pleasant personality and a great sense of humour.We’ll also look favorably at good time management skills. You will be surrounded by young and energetic people and we are seeking someone who will add to the skills and culture of our progressive company.Candidates should be available to start work in April.Brownie pointsYou get some great brownie points if you are:
- Actively involved online, maybe you contribute regulary to community sites or you might even have your own blog.
- Well organized and you have disciplined coding practices.
- Experience with creating and sending email marketing campaigns.About SwitchSwitch is based out of Darlinghurst, just near Sydney’s CBD. We are an equal opportunity employer that has recently developed solutions for:
- The Australian Jockey Club
- Australia Day
- and SnoozeIf you think you’re perfect for this role, then let us know – we’d love to hear from you.
Let’s get startedTo apply, send us a little about yourself, your salary expectations and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.We’d also love to see your portfolio, five of your favorite web sites and at least three online communities you check out every now and then. All enquiries are treated as highly confidential.Australian residents only please.Further details : http://www.switchit.com/jobs/web-designer.html
The usual deal, let me know if you are successful. I won’t post it here if you don’t want me to. I’m just nosy for my own benefit. 🙂