It’s in New York. If you are Australian, there is a special visa called the E-3 that is only for Australians to work in the US of A.
Community Moderator – About.com
The About.com Community Manager is part of a team that is responsible for building community, maintaining community standards and ensuring that user contributions to the site are in keeping with the site’s standards.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Build forum communities:
- Develop and implement consistent community policies
- Work with Guides to identify forum moderators to assist them
- Work with Guides to structure forums around topics that will appeal to users
- Target specific forums that have high growth potential, and work with Guides and volunteer moderators to build community
- Maintain community standards
- Work with Guides and Moderators on an as-needed basis to manage forum disruptions and deal with disruptive members
- Ensure quality contributions
- Screen user-contributed content for violations of site standards
- Proven success building online engagement and community
- Must be well-versed in current trends and concepts relating to online communities
- Strong online communication skills via email, forums and other methods
- 3-5 years experience working with online community required
If you get the job, lemme know? I need somewhere to stay in NY. heh.