I love, love, love the guys at Freshview/Campaign Monitor. I’d do anything for them. They just never ask me! *bursts out weeping* But all is good in the world – I just got an email! :
Just wanted to drop you a line about a new position here at Freshview with the boys – we’re looking to hire another ‘me’ – someone to do help with support questions, blog posts, forum running, community building type work.Seemed like something you might like to mention, so the full description is here:and checkout the new office here:It’s a fun place to work, so if you get the chance and have that special, special feeling, then we’d love if you could give it a plug.
See? Such a nice email 🙂 I looked at the job on that link:
Designer and Customer Support Legend
We’re on the hunt for an experienced web designer to help our customers use Campaign Monitor and MailBuild more effectively and build a community around our products. This will involve working hand in hand with other designers and making a big contribution to our popular blogs, forums and email design gallery.
Predominantly, you’ll be working with our customers to improve how they use our products. Our software is built for designers, so our customers are already very savvy. Ocassionally they might have a question about email design or how to get something done with our software. Here’s the summary:
- Talking to customers to help them with their questions and feedback.
- Be our customers representative at Freshview to communicate their needs and suggestions to the rest of the team.
- Being active in our blogs and forums, helping to grow the community.
What are the absolute bare minimum requirements?
It goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway. Communication is king and you need to be a great writer. If you’ve got your own blog or been responsible for plenty of public facing copy then you’re already a step ahead. We’re looking for plenty of web design experience with the same visual standards we pride ourselves on. You’ll need:
- Strong HTML and CSS knowledge.
- Excellent written and spoken English – writing examples preferable.
- An interest in and exposure to web applications.
- Desirable: Some online marketing or email marketing experience.
This position is perfect for a designer who is looking to get their hands dirty in other fields like building communities online and educating other designers.
- Competitive salary
- Free, fully catered lunches
- Free soft drinks and snacks
- Flexible office hoursInterested? Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
How many hours will I be expected to work?
We have lives too. Our staff do 40 hour weeks and we’re pretty flexible about your working hours.
Where are you guys based?
Freshview is located in southern Sydney about 30 mins from the city centre. We’re also just off the freeway and a 30 min drive from Wollongong.
The usual deal: if you apply, you have to let me know how you get on! Good luck!