This looks like they are using traditional media techniques in a Web 2.0 environment? From seek.com.au (link might/not work):
EARN A GREAT CITY SALARY WHILE YOU LIVE AND WORK IN THE REGIONS. REGIONAL MANAGERS FOR NATIONAL WEB PUBLISHING GROUP! GENEROUS PACKAGE + UNLIMITED EARNINGS.
- ADVERTISING / MEDIA SALES EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL
- ABILITY TO MANAGE YOUR OWN SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS
- STRONG COMMUNICATION & COMMUNITY LIAISON SKILLS
- STRONG INTEREST IN COMMUNITY & REGIONAL ISSUES
- COULD BE AN IDEAL BUSINESS FOR A HIGHLY MOTIVATED INDIVIDUAL OR A HUSBAND AND WIFE TEAM
- HIGHEST CALIBRE, ONGOING TRAINING AND SUPPORT PROVIDEDWE ARE SEEKING REGIONAL MANAGERS FOR EVERY NON METROPOLITAN REGION IN AUSTRALIA. iF YOU LIVE REGIONALLY, CALL US!!!
Web 2.0OUR COMPANYThis industry leading company is building the foremost national network of community–centric websites in Australia. The latest Web 2.0 technology underpins this business and provides a valuable and entertaining internet experience for members of all regional communities. We are currently appointing 60 Regional Managers around Australia to cover all key regions.Talk to us. This may be the lifestyle and business change you have been dreaming of.
POSITION/ RESPONSIBILTIESRepresentatives are required to build and manage these highly successful and profitable online community publications. Due to our rapid national expansion program, several regional management positions are now available.
Merger of both web 2.0 and traditional?The position involves working in your community and building awareness of your local website, selling advertising space to local businesses, clubs and associations and garnishing community contribution to the ongoing growth of the website. Once your local community grasps this opportunity it really becomes fun and grows quickly. It will be the central communications hub for your communityreplacing the yellow pages, local business directors, visitor information, classifieds, MySpace, local paper, community noticeboards and just about all community forums in one fun place
Anyway, more here. Let us know how you get on, willya?