How to pull in Facebook Notifications into Hootsuite from Facebook Profiles and Pages using RSS feeds. How to Add Facebook Notifications to Hootsuite and use Facebook RSS feed.
1. To Get Facebook Notification RSS feed of your PERSONAL PROFILE
To find your Profile RSS feed, go to > Facebook > Inbox > Notifications. The link should be https://www.facebook.com/notifications
Right click on RSS and you will get the feed link: The structure of the feed is:
2. To Get RSS feed of a BUSINESS Page on Facebook
- FORMAT: http://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php?format=atom10&id=PASTE_ID_HERE (mine would be 26531835640 )
- PAGE_ID: easiest way is put graph in front of facebook URL ie http://graph.facebook.com/silkcharm and then take the ID on the first line
3. Add Facebook Notifications to Hootsuite
Go to Hootsuite and “Add Stream” as normal. But click on Apps (not Facebook) and add the RSS Stream App.
Now you have to edit the RSS by copying and pasting in that link into the Settings area
In other words, add YOUR RSS feed
into the ADD RSS feed below (don’t forget to copy and paste the RSS feed with YOUR Facebook_ID)
3. Other Facebook RSS Feeds
it gets very tricky. Try FBRSS.com because then you can create
- Your RSS Status Feed
- A feed for each of your friends’ updates
does that help?