I’ve been covering new media bargaining code in my Monday Social Media News lives, multicast at 10:45am Sydney time on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter/Periscope and LinkedIn Live but today the other shoe dropped. #FacebookNewsBan !!!
In my livestream I cover how Facebook already pays Media, that the mandatory part is paying for people seeing a headline and thumbnail in their newsfeed?!, why Government is banned on Facebook (spoiler alert: they listed their own Pages as news/media?!)? and I try not to rant about how Murdoch’s own investments including in Bing are driving this agenda.
Resources on Facebook News Ban
- Facebook’s statement on blocking Australian news sharing in Australia and Internationally.
- Facebook Instant Stories (paying Australian Media)
- Facebook for media analytics Crowdtangle
- PARLIAMENT The Bill Treasury Laws Amendment (News Media and Digital Platforms Mandatory Bargaining Code) Bill 2020
- The Conversation Web’s inventor says news media bargaining code could break the internet. He’s right — but there’s a fix
- Google News Showcase for media
You can watch my Social Media News (Australia) live at 10:45am on Monday mornings and my Lecture Series: Social Media live on Thursdays at 1pm (currently on Universities and Colleges) on a social media platform where I’m not media-blocked 😛
- Twitter TV (periscope): https://twitter.com/silkcharm
- Facebook Live: https://facebook.com/laurelpapworth (follow) or https://facebook.com/silkcharm (Like)
- LinkedIn Live: https://www.linkedin.com/in/laurelpapworth/detail/recent-activity/
- YouTube Livestream Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs33tjCh3PVzP6sdUEr56oroZlTEKSLQM