Hello There! Later in 2021 there will be my two day Instagram/Facebook course, in Sydney CBD. I put this course together for social media managers who have an Instagram and/or Facebook Page but really want to expand what they are already doing. How do we know what we don’t know? Over the years there have been a wide variety of questions: do I really need to use video, what analytics are important, how do I better target my audiences, we have great content but not much engagement, can I pixel retarget ads for warm leads, how do I use social to increase my email newsletter. The list actually is pretty endless. That is probably because I have asked at the beginning of every single workshop “what do you want to learn, what are you goals, what questions do you have”. I’ve distilled the questions I think are closest to an “intermediate” level and put them in the course. I keep the numbers small so we can change up the questions or add them in if required. If you’ve ever wanted to just sit down for a day or two and get your Instagram and Facebook right, this is the course for you. Probably. Mostly likely. Oh, ok, read on, and make sure you understand the learning outcomes of the course and they map to what you want to learn .Hopefully I’ll see you soon! xxx Laurel
Sydney Facebook/Instagram Course:
resuming in 2021
This is an intensive course starting at 9:30am each day and finishing at 5pm. This course runs twice a year, please enquire to be placed on a waitlist for the next course.
Where: Workspace365 Level 5, 20 Bond St, Sydney CBD
It’s a hop skip and a jump from Wynyard station, near the corner with George Street and probably not much further to Circular Quay. The lifts takes some getting used to: put in the floor you want to go to (level 5) BEFORE you get in the lift.
Is This Instagram Facebook Course Right for YOU?
Are you looking for an intermediate Instagram & Facebook course with hands on (bring your phone AND laptop) practical setting up of Ads, newsfeed optimisation, scheduling and automating, growing followers and more? If so, read on!
INTENDED AUDIENCE This 2 Day Instagram and Facebook course is a mix of lecture, group challenges and computer based exercises (bring your own laptop). If you have done my Social Media Marketing Campaign course at the University of Sydney, this is the more advanced, handson version. It is not a beginners “how to set up a Facebook Page” or “Getting Started on Instagram” course but suitable to someone like you?:
- You have been managing as a Facebook Page Admin and trying Instagram Management for a while but need more help to kick it to the next level.
- You have boosted posts or done basic Self Serve Advertisements in Ads Manager but would like to know more about Pixel retargeting or Power Editor in Facebook and Carousel posts in Instagram
- You want more engagement on your Facebook Page & Instagram Accounts including setting up a Content Calendar and Conversation Diary with correct hashtags and times to post specific content.
If this is you, I’d love to see you in my next course!
PS If you wish to run this course in-house, offsite or through a conference or with a group of colleagues/friends, and need more information please contact me.
- Why Instagram? Instagram is NOT right for every business!
- Instagram Influencers How to find and measure key influencers – are they really influential??
- Content Best Practice What are the best types of posts to get attention on Instagram? Have you started your IGTV programming yet?
- Content Calendars How to create a content calendar for Instagram that creates a Call To Action (CTA)?
- Instagram Newsfeed Optimisation How to get more followers by working with the Instagram Algorithm?
- Keywords and Hashtags What hashtags to use and how to measure the effectiveness of hashtags? What NOT to do with Hashtags!
- Social Media Toolbox How to find the best practice with social media tools and dashboards
- Schedule Instagram Posts through native (Facebook) tools as well as 3rd party dashboards. Which should YOU use?
- Facebook Content Creation, posting, creating, images, videos, livestream, when to post?
- Facebook Groups, Events, marketplace, profile, pages and other app/functions
- Facebook Analytics, Insights, KPIs and writing Measurement reports?
- Facebook Ads: Understanding the Facebook Framework (F8), Advertising platform(s) including Power Editor, Pixel retargeting
- Facebook Optimisation (FBO) Developing Content that works with the Facebook Algorithm (FBO) ensuring it is seen & engaged with by Preferred Audience, Lookalike Audience and target Social Graph?
- Facebook Groups and Events – there is so much more to Facebook than simply profiles, Pages and Ads!
- Facebook Business Apps: Adding Apps to your Facebook Page including a shop for selling within the Facebook Page, email such as Mailchimp apps and Instagram and Youtube integration
By the End of this Course
You will be able to optimise content for the Instagram and Facebook algorithms, not only boost posts but use the Ad Campaign Manager, Automate messenger messages and schedule posts with CS, build a content calendar for more engagement and read analytics to create measurement reports. You will also have a good grasp of the basics of building an online store for both Facebook and Instagram (to sell on FB & IG) as well as build in email newsletter lists and other apps.
Please choose a Pricing Option
EarlyBird Single and Regular Single tickets. Also available: Double Trouble for you AND a colleague/friend.
All prices are for the TWO days, we do not split days over multiple courses. GST inclusive.
This course is a worthwhile benefit to those who are studying Diploma of Business (Social Media) and/or are interested in deeper knowledge of frameworks and algorithms. Advanced users (who have already been using Business Manager, Power Editor etc for some time) may not benefit as much as an intermediate user.
Please bring your own laptop and a power supply for that laptop. Internet (wifi) and a powerboard will be provided. Please contact us if you have accessibility requirements. Oh and yeah, your mobile phone will be handy for the Instagram pictures. If it’s an iPhone bring a cable and charger plus a small sun to power it!
Included in your 2 Day Facebook & Instagram workshop is an online course covering the material will be provided to participants so they can review video tutorials and walkthroughs later, Lunch is included (please email any special requirements, and a Workbook (PDF) plus worksheets.
Additional Notes on your Instagram and Facebook Course
I’ll email you before the course with more details to prepare you for the intensive 2 day Facebook & Instagram Course.
- As this is a “bring your own laptop” interactive tutorial course and not a broadcast lecture style, there are limited places. I can place you on a waitlist (the course runs around twice a year).
- I can run this inhouse for individuals or groups, Departments or companies. Please enquire
- If you would prefer to come to me in the Blue Mountains, for private mentoring or with a co-worker, that is also an option. Please enquire
- I run this workshop as an offsite in the Blue Mountains, on an organic resort in Bali and other locations as requested. Please enquire.
Contact and About Laurel
If you have any questions, please email my P.A. firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 0432684992.
Laurel Papworth, Social Media Expert
Named by Forbes Magazine in the Top 50 Social Media Influencers globally, named Head of Industry, Social Media (Marketing Magazine) and in the Power150 Media bloggers (AdAge). CERT IV Training and Assessment in Adult Education. Laurel manages Facebook Pages for Junior Masterchef, Idol, Big Brother and consults on social media with banks (Westpac), not for profits (UNHCR) & governments in SE Asia. Lectured in social media at University of Sydney for 10 years and Laurel has 11,000 online students.
Laurel Papworth personally connects monthly to 6 million followers online and has taught thousands of people in the last 10 years how to be social media managers.
Managing large popular accounts for major corporate and government channels has taught me a lot and, as I love teaching, I can’t wait to run these courses each time!