In this lecture on social media we look at content strategies, some Higher Education case-studies of the right content to the right audience at the right time, setting up the different types of content calendars and social media tools for creating the content and scheduling on social media.
TOPICS: content calendar, promotions calendar, social media influencer calendar, social media engagement calendar, analytics and inhouse diaries. Feedly, shared content and Canva for photo and image creation and planning/scheduling. Other tools I showed were Asana/Trello/Airtrable as well as Google alerts and Google calendar.
Content Calendar Resources for #HigherEd #EdTech #EduAu
- Create a Twitter List (private newsfeed) eg Vice Chancellors of Australian Universities
- Harvard Instagram and TAFE Facebook
- I showed the Airtable default social media calendar
- Canva have a social media planner (create the content then go to the planner and select a date)
- I showed Feedly and created a collection (folder) for HigherEd and brought in Google Alerts as well as the Twitter list above and also Griffith Uni Newsroom.
Social Media Marketing Strategy for University, College and HigherEd playlists:
COMMENTS: You can join me in the discussion on the Facebook Livestream, the YouTube Livestream, The Twitter (Periscope) Livestream and the LinkedIn Livestream and I stream on my personal Facebook if you just want to follow me there. MONDAY 10:45 AM Sydney Time is Social Media NEWS and Thursdays 1pm Sydney time is the Social Media LECTURE series.