This is for Social Media Managers at University and College; Want to know how to write an organisation-wide Social Media Strategy for Higher Education? Not a content calendar, not a risk assessment but an actual strategy? Read on!
TOPICS: social media strategy VS a social media campaign, psychographics and student profile/types, .
Resources for Social Media Strategy for Higher Education #EdTech #EduAu
- 3:56 Starting the Strategy with Psychographics (Target Audience(s)) e.g Core Audiences for Facebook, Economic Graph for LinkedIn
- 7:18 and 12:24 Purpose and Values (each audience has a different value to the University and a different need they as students etc need to have met)
- 8:55 What channel should your College or Uni be on (Facebook Group, LinkedIn Company Page etc)
- 14:35 Social Media Influencers for University – and Distributed Communication including hashtags.
- Social Media Lifecycle = student lifecycle. e.g. O-Week for new students, Graduation information.
- 24:05 Creating a “Voice” and Messaging Style on social media. e.g Sassy, Professional, edgy/interesting, sports, cityslick, jobseeking, bar and bands, networking, vanilla/boring
- 33:40 Rites of Passage, Rituals, Memes building your content calendar and response diary. gamification and promotions in University marketing.
- 48:45 Wrap Up
- The Australian Higher Education section
Social Media Marketing Strategy for University, College and HigherEd playlists:
COMMENTS: You can join me in the discussion on the Facebook Livestream, the YouTube Livestream, The Twitter (Periscope) Livestream and the LinkedIn Livestream and I stream on my personal Facebook if you just want to follow me there. If the site has comments, comment there 🙂 and if it has playlists I will link in the description, first comment etc. xxxxxx