If you are an Australian small business this is how to add ChatGPT chatbot (called Chatbase) to your website as a chatbot Customer Service helper.
Step by Step how to connect ChatGPT to your website:
- Sign up for (free to start with Chatbase.co) account.
- Go to My Chatbots menu chatbase.co/my-chatbots and click create ChatBot
- Add data sources:
- a) upload a pdf or doc
- b) then copy and paste in some text, I had some issues with hyperlinks but if I write the details clearly, the AI is fine.
- c) add a website, put in the link to the website OR if you have it, the link to the sitemap (you use for Google crawlers ) Note: maximum limit at the moment is 120 seconds. So if you have a big site, contact them, they are increasing it. Include links – specific links.
- Click Create ChatBot – this will create the chatbot and give you access to queries and prompts based on your data sources.
- Click on SETTINGS to check Chatbot ID (this in in the link as well).
- Change name of ChatBot and leave base prompt as it is.
- Free version is GPT 3.5 turbo. A paid account with Chatbase will get you GPT4.
- Keep the chatbot “private but embedded on website“, you can still add it to your website.
- chat Interface: change the welcome message from Hi! What can I help you with?
- Add suggested messages. I added “how do I contact Laurel Papworth” as a one click message.
- Change colour and branding of the chatbot icon etc.
- Go to EMBED ON WEBSITE. Copy second code
- Add to your website between BODY tags – on WordPress it’s Custom Scripts or edit HTML
- There is a plugin, that you can copy the chatbase ID but it didn’t work for me.
- Make sure you save then refresh your website. The Chatbot is bottom right of your website.
Hope this helped!
Transcript of How to Add ChatGPT to a Website – Training the LLM tutorial
Hello, my name is Laurel Papworth, and I teach artificial intelligence; I’m a keynote speaker and things like that. In this video, we’re going to use ChatGPT from OpenAI, create a chatbot, and add it to our website so that people can ask questions of ChatGPT that has learned from within your website. So you’ll be training the LLM, you’ll be training GPT.
It’s really quick, really easy. It’s less than eight minutes, and we’re using a free tool, which is even better. I suggest you do pay if you want more features, but to get started, try the free tool.
Go to chatbase.co and click Login in the top right. And on the bottom part of that screen, you’ll see Sign Up. Just sign up. It’s free. You can pay if you want, and I recommend that you do. But let’s try the free account first to make sure it works for you. Go to My Chatbot’s menu, chatbase.co/mychatbots and click Create Chatbot.
Now at this point, you need to add sources. The one most people will use will be Add a website. So put in the link to your website. If you prefer, you can put in your site map. Link. But most people will put in their website. If your website is too large, i. e. you are eBay, it almost certainly will not be able to scrape the site in 120 seconds. But for a normal small business, two minutes is fine. If you do have a big site or you find it’s timing out, either speed up your website or contact Chatbase and tell them and they’ll increase it for you. Click Create Chatbot. This will create the actual chat bot with the sources in it and give you access to the queries and the prompts based on your data sources because now you’re training ChatGPT on your website. When you’re training an LLM, you need to give it a bit of time to pull everything in, make sure everything’s correct. Then click on Settings to check the Chatbot ID. You’ll need this one. So remember where this is. You can change the name of the chatbot, so not the ID, but the actual name of the chat bot. Call it My Website or something, but just leave the base prompt as it is. The free version is GPT 3.5 Turbo, which will probably be enough for most websites, most of the time.
If you find that you want more accurate information, you have a lot of information, you have a lot of technical information, things like that, I would consider paying for the, I think it’s $99 a month, the high level subscription, and that will get you chat GPT 4. Otherwise, 3.5 will be fine. Keep the chat bot Private But Embedded On A Website. You can still add it to your website, but other people will not be able to access the chat bot from outside of the website or the website that you approve.
Now in the chat interface, you can change the welcome message. The default is Hi, what can I help you with? You may want to change it to something else. I added suggested messages. For instance, how do I contact Laurel Papworth so that I could check them, make sure they work. I know what the popular questions are. It just saves time for everybody and it doesn’t get chatGPT, the chatbot confused.
I’ll leave you to play with the menus, but if we go to the embed website menu, I’m going to copy and paste the second lot of code because I need to paste this into my website. I’m using WordPress. If you are using Shopify, then it will be very similar. The basic concept is we have to copy that code from chat base and paste it between the body tags on your website, whatever CMS, whatever content management system you’re using.
For WordPress, I go to appearance, I go to custom scripts, and then I’m pasting in where it says add scripts right after opening body tag, the code for my chatGPT (Chatbase connected to ChatGPT). And it will actually have the discrete number… It’s not a number, it’s a mixture of numbers and letters for the chatbot ID, it’s there twice.
I will say that Chatbase has released a plug in for WordPress. I don’t know if they’ve got one for Shopify and all the others, but when I tried the one for WordPress, it was very new and it didn’t work for me.
Now what I need to do is go to my website. Once everything is saved and now when I refresh my website, the bottom right-hand corner has a little… I’ve left it as the default…, but it’s black and white logo. How can I help you? Ps, Laurel says, Hi, and waves. The person clicks, How can I contact Laurel Papworth? And then the chatbot came back with my phone number and my email address. It has powered by chatbase.co at the bottom. I don’t care about that. It’s a free version. If you are willing to pay, they’ll remove that on one of the premium subscriptions. But that will get you up and running because it’s actually chatGPT, pulling information from your website and providing a help customer service button for you.
I hope you found that interesting. My name is Laurel Papworth, an AI trainer and keynote speaker available for private mentoring and corporate events. If you have any questions, please ask in the comments below. See you in the next tutorial. Bye.