… not all are free, some are $60. But free works better at grabbing attention. It’s called “online marketing”. (haha) Please don’t tell the ACCC! HEAPS MORE INFORMATION HERE
SOCIAL MEDIA SEMINARS OVERVIEW:
- April 22nd 9:30- 1pm Innovation in Cross Platform content. We basically showed TV and film using social media in a really really extended way, including games and full collaboration. You missed it.
- April 29th Wed 29 April – 6pm – 7pm seminar on Free Open Source and Creative tools
No Registration Required, just show up at AFTRS in The Entertainment Quarter (next to Hoyts).
Social Media is a lot more than just people chatting about a viral video. This evening is a presentation on cool tools for collaboration that have the added bonus of being FREE!
There are a vast range of new free to use tools that enable rich and efficient collaboration for audiences and professionals alike. What are the best tools for online communities, project development, video distribution and marketing. A survey of free to use tools and services including Mogulus, Twitter, Joomla, Ning, Blogger, Ustream, Drupal, Wikis, Social Bookmarking, Virtual World Gatherings, WordPress and many others. (more)
- Filtering the Web 5 June 10am – 1pm $60 REGISTER HERE
- Social Media Campaign July 2 and 3rd (REGISTER HERE)
Duration: 2 days, Thursday Seminar 2.00pm – 5.00pm, Friday Workshop 10.00am-5.00pm
Course Fee: $240
“The web is 15-30 billion web pages” and this workshop is designed to help you track and follow the latest trends and information across a range of specialised areas.
Browsers, RSS readers and social media mash-ups have evolved into being effective one-stop-shop views on a world of relevant content.
This workshop looks beyond the search engine, basic RSS feeds or old fashioned email alerts. It is designed to help you find and filter information and follow the right people on the web. Web filtering is becoming a critical skill for researchers, marketers and those who need specific news and information.
It will also help you track and follow the latest trends and information across a range of specialised areas.
By the end of this workshop participants will have had the opportunity to learn:
* How to get the web to deliver the right information to you
* About the very latest web research techniques across services such as digg, delicious, twitter, technorati, social networks, specialised engines and the semantic web
* How to find the key recommenders, filterers and influencers in your field
* Blogosphere filtering, separating the signal from the noise
* How to make contact and become a key filterer yourself
* Taming RSS feeds and being more efficient with email alerts
* Reading trends and patterns
Aimed at anyone who wants to promote themselves, their product or creation into communities.
This seminar looks at techniques of engaging with online events, social networks and DIY social media and the workshop will examine case studies of successful producers and creators doing it for themselves.
A workshop looking at how to understand new audiences, build traffic and loyalty that goes way beyond uploading a 9 minute short onto YouTube.
By the end of this workshop participants will have had the opportunity to learn about:
* The online ecology of social networks
* Techniques to distribute your content as widely as possible to a global audience
* Planning and staging a campaign which has maximum impact and reach
* Building loyalty and community with an online audience.
NOTE: If you plan to attend the Workshop you must attend the seminar
Let me know if you are going to attend? And which one?