*UPDATED – adding women community managers*
Rod Peno from The Australian (IT) is asking for a list of the most influential Australian Women in Social Media.
50 of the Most Powerful and Influential Women in Social Media
Ron Hudson – In every industry there are a few people who are inarguably outstanding at what they do. In addition to that, they are typically charismatic, energetic, and creative. In an effort to find some of these people I asked my twitter friends to nominate people who they thought were some of the most powerful and influential women in Social Media. It was no surprise that they quickly and enthusiastically responded with the list of ladies below.
Rod – Local nominations anyone? Laurel Papworth springs to mind but there must be others?
Update – I’ll summarise any suggestions made here and send thru to Ron.
One of the questions raised on the American list is asking if blogging is enough. Or do you have to be working in Social Media, maybe running a community?
Here are the women in Australia who don’t necessarily blog but run communities, making them the most powerful women in digital media.
- Bronwen Clune, Norg Newspapers, social media proprietor
- Liz James, Pink Sofa, Lesbian dating community
- women editors, Vogue Australia Forums, fashion forums
- Peta Philbin, BigPond Island moderator, Second Life
- Jackie Maxted, BeautyHeaven, beauty items directory with community
- Kylie from Essential Baby (sold it to *cough* Fairfax)
- Suzi Dafnis, Australian Businesswomen’s Network online mentor community
- Larke Riemer, The Ruby Connection, Westpac’s women’s online community
- Deborah Robinson Australian Women Online forum for women
- Hmm Bec someone? Made It Australian independent designers social network
- Leigh L All For Women blog and forum
- Janine Gregson MySongCast forums and event community for unsigned musicians
Know of any others? Nah don’t tell me, tell Rod at The Australian (in comments).